Mom world is so busy that we forget to take a break. Once we are mommy, we find it so difficult managing household works, at work (for working mommy) and taking care of the baby. We wait for every chance to take rest. We find life so hectic. Take a leisure time when ever possible. Continue reading
Vegetables are essential for our life. They should be fresh. I try to give my son as much as 1-2 cups of vegetables daily.
- Cucumber – I cut pieces of cucumber, add a pinch salt and serve OR cut small pieces and prepare kosambari (typical Indian Salad) with seasoning
- Carrot – Grate and seasoning with pinch salt + green chillies OR Boiled small cut pieces and seasoning with pinch salt
- Potato – Boiled potato with pic salt, sliced thin
- Tomato – Cut tomato, remove seeds and sprinkle sugar /honey on it. I also use it boiled and grinder mixture as a base for my gravy.
- Raddish – Grate them thin, add pinch salt, add curds and serve (optional – can add seasoning)
- Beetroot – Grate, add salt and eat as a salad OR boil cut pieces of beetroot, add salt, seasoning and serve OR drink the boiled water of beetroot with pinch salt. Tastes great!
- Leaves – I use them mostly as a gravy and use as base with other vegetables OR Methi Leaves/Coriander Leaves/Curry Leaves – prepare a dry play and mix with rice to prepare Bhaath and serve with Raitha
- Broccoli – Dry Gravy
- Cauliflower – Manchurian is the best way OR parata (flat stuffed Indian Bread)
- Baby Corn – Manchurian is the best way. I also use it in most of the gravy.
- Corn – Boiled, with salt and chilli powder is my son’s favourite
- Peas – Boiled peas with pinch salt and chaat masala
- Sweet Potato is also superb – Boiling with salt
- Onions – Cut thin slice and make them eat specially when they have cold OR as bajji. I also use it grinder mixture as a base for my gravy.
- Capsicum – Mostly use for all gravy OR use in a bhaath (rice)
Garlic and Ginger are also very essential as a vegetable. I use mostly the paste of these in most of the dishes I prepare 🙂 Hope him for a good health always.