It has a been a busy week for both of us. Playing, attending functions, get together parties, late night gossips, movies with family and many more. This week observations is he is building dreams. Continue reading
While we enjoy kids growing to be toddlers, teaching them cleaning is a best chance to make them feel responsible. I ask Ishaan to clean his book rack since he was 3 years old. Now he makes a point if things are not kept properly, he cleans it himself. Teaching cleaning methods saves our time. Continue reading
Mom world is so busy that we forget to take a break. Once we are mommy, we find it so difficult managing household works, at work (for working mommy) and taking care of the baby. We wait for every chance to take rest. We find life so hectic. Take a leisure time when ever possible. Continue reading
Back in India, we have not bought a car seat for Ishaan. Ishaan has lost the interest of sitting alone in the car 😦 Car seat is such a useful thing to buy if you own a car. In India, we carry more people in a 5 seater car. We usually ignore the baby and make them sit on our lap. This is the worst thing what anyone can do or follow. Baby car seat is a must. Continue reading
Recently there was a Dussera doll exhibition performed by few artists. It was an awesome experience with Ishaan. He loved it too. There was a lot of work done behind the scenes. This is a festival celebrated in houses mostly in south India. It creates a story in the display. Dussera doll exhibition was awesome! Continue reading
Hello everyone, I have been trying to make Ishaan write daily. It depends on his mood. Sometimes it pressures me, as in Indian schools there will be lot of writing for kids and I am told to do so by my in laws 😦 Though it irritates me sometime I have to follow them. His first lettering surprised everyone. Continue reading
One of the best thing for kids to be engaged is colouring. It is lovely to enjoy see their kids having fun. Through colouring we can teach them objects, colours, shapes, and what not. Even today I love to share a page with my son while colouring 😉 Continue reading
Everyone loves Krishna. He is believed to be an real super hero in the mythological stories. He is loved since his time in dwaraka. Mother love Yashodha and Krishna is also a famous duo which is been remembered. In Indian tradition most of the people, for a baby (girl / boy) we dress them as Krishna at a earlier age. Continue reading
While we were very busy cleaning our shelf, Ishaan found few empty boxes. He got very busy playing with them and spent sometime. While playing he asked me to create a robot out of the waste box! After a while he slept.
His thinking of changing a waste box to a robot made me stuck as how I could do it? I took few references on net and made a cute robot 🙂 He was very happy and played with it when he woke up.
Thinking creative, exploring, trying new and experiencing special moments with a child is priceless 🙂
Vegetables are essential for our life. They should be fresh. I try to give my son as much as 1-2 cups of vegetables daily.
- Cucumber – I cut pieces of cucumber, add a pinch salt and serve OR cut small pieces and prepare kosambari (typical Indian Salad) with seasoning
- Carrot – Grate and seasoning with pinch salt + green chillies OR Boiled small cut pieces and seasoning with pinch salt
- Potato – Boiled potato with pic salt, sliced thin
- Tomato – Cut tomato, remove seeds and sprinkle sugar /honey on it. I also use it boiled and grinder mixture as a base for my gravy.
- Raddish – Grate them thin, add pinch salt, add curds and serve (optional – can add seasoning)
- Beetroot – Grate, add salt and eat as a salad OR boil cut pieces of beetroot, add salt, seasoning and serve OR drink the boiled water of beetroot with pinch salt. Tastes great!
- Leaves – I use them mostly as a gravy and use as base with other vegetables OR Methi Leaves/Coriander Leaves/Curry Leaves – prepare a dry play and mix with rice to prepare Bhaath and serve with Raitha
- Broccoli – Dry Gravy
- Cauliflower – Manchurian is the best way OR parata (flat stuffed Indian Bread)
- Baby Corn – Manchurian is the best way. I also use it in most of the gravy.
- Corn – Boiled, with salt and chilli powder is my son’s favourite
- Peas – Boiled peas with pinch salt and chaat masala
- Sweet Potato is also superb – Boiling with salt
- Onions – Cut thin slice and make them eat specially when they have cold OR as bajji. I also use it grinder mixture as a base for my gravy.
- Capsicum – Mostly use for all gravy OR use in a bhaath (rice)
Garlic and Ginger are also very essential as a vegetable. I use mostly the paste of these in most of the dishes I prepare 🙂 Hope him for a good health always.