Vegetables are essential for our life. They should be fresh. I try to give my son as much as 1-2 cups of vegetables daily.
- Cucumber – I cut pieces of cucumber, add a pinch salt and serve OR cut small pieces and prepare kosambari (typical Indian Salad) with seasoning
- Carrot – Grate and seasoning with pinch salt + green chillies OR Boiled small cut pieces and seasoning with pinch salt
- Potato – Boiled potato with pic salt, sliced thin
- Tomato – Cut tomato, remove seeds and sprinkle sugar /honey on it. I also use it boiled and grinder mixture as a base for my gravy.
- Raddish – Grate them thin, add pinch salt, add curds and serve (optional – can add seasoning)
- Beetroot – Grate, add salt and eat as a salad OR boil cut pieces of beetroot, add salt, seasoning and serve OR drink the boiled water of beetroot with pinch salt. Tastes great!
- Leaves – I use them mostly as a gravy and use as base with other vegetables OR Methi Leaves/Coriander Leaves/Curry Leaves – prepare a dry play and mix with rice to prepare Bhaath and serve with Raitha
- Broccoli – Dry Gravy
- Cauliflower – Manchurian is the best way OR parata (flat stuffed Indian Bread)
- Baby Corn – Manchurian is the best way. I also use it in most of the gravy.
- Corn – Boiled, with salt and chilli powder is my son’s favourite
- Peas – Boiled peas with pinch salt and chaat masala
- Sweet Potato is also superb – Boiling with salt
- Onions – Cut thin slice and make them eat specially when they have cold OR as bajji. I also use it grinder mixture as a base for my gravy.
- Capsicum – Mostly use for all gravy OR use in a bhaath (rice)
Garlic and Ginger are also very essential as a vegetable. I use mostly the paste of these in most of the dishes I prepare 🙂 Hope him for a good health always.